S. Jin Park
Citizenship - United States
Senior Application Developer
The Kroger Co - Intranet Development & Support, Health &
- June 26, 2006 - November 30, 2020 (remote since July 7, 2009)
I developed numerous internal web applications starting from the database
and all the way up to the user interface/experience. I worked with
stakeholders at all levels to ensure successful and timely delivery.
Below are just a few examples:
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, I enhanced it to schedule drive-thru testing, at-home test kit collections, and in-person testing. The goal to provide 500K tests was achieved and there have been 650K tests administered to date.
I developed endpoints to expose the front-end team to collect patient information from the external website. The back-end application integrates with eClinicalWorks' electronic medical record system via HL7 interface. I also worked Gravity labs to pass patient information using their API for order fulfillment.
I enhanced it to collect and manage action plans for pharmacies to focus on and improve. I used stored procedures within and SSIS package to roll up scores on the backend and ingest external data files.
Most recently, I provided technical guidance to help migrate the application to Azure.
Software Development Manager, Technical Lead, Web Master, Interactive
Dynamics Research Corporation - GUARDian Program Management Office
- Oct 20, 2003 - May 2006
- Managed a team of web developers, web masters and web designers in creating and maintaining a number of applications in support of the Air National Guard.
Developed numerous ColdFusion applications (authentication, conferences,
bulletin boards, content management systems, financial systems, and
management systems) and components.
- Modules for Force Management application to make it Section 508 compliant.
- Website for a new office to address initiatives impacting states due to Base Realignment and Closure.
- Web application for the Joint Operations Center. Developed and led a team to create this application used by governors in order to share National Guard Bureau assets available geographically using Google Maps™ API.
Associate Creative Director, Creative Traffic Manager, Web Designer
CoolSavings, Inc. (now Q Interactive)
- Jan 2000 - Sept 2003
- Managed a team of six designers and copywriters
- Designed and tested layouts, HTML email, online printable coupons and banners
- Developed intranets and internet sites for layout guides. Built with ASP, HTML & CSS.
- Created and designed layouts for hundreds of advertisers including DreamWorks, Toys"R"Us, Suave, Land O'Lakes, P&G, Glaxo Smith Kline, Target, Wal-Mart, and Revlon.
High School Math Teacher
Saint Scholastica Academy
- Aug 1995 - June 1999
- Taught Algebra I through AP Calculus utilizing everything from books, blackboard, art, calculators and the internet
- Created a website for students to reference and keep up with assignments
- IntelliJ IDEA
- SQL Server Management Studio
- MS Office
- Certified ScrumMaster
- Web Services
- Section 508
Education, Training & Awards
DePaul University, Chicago, IL
- Master of Science, E-Commerce Technology, 2004 (GPA: 3.83)
Wheaton College, Wheaton, IL
Bachelor of Science, Mathematics, 1994 (GPA: 3.07)
Math teaching certification: Illinois Standard High School Type 09
- Awarded one of four Helen McLenden Ewen Scholarships by Education Department based on potential, performance, and experience
- Nominated by students (1998 & 1999)
Java/Angular bootcamp (Nov 2018)
- MAX Technical Training – Cincinnati, OH
Certified ScrumMaster Workshop (Aug 2011)
- MAX Technical Training – Cincinnati, OH
Advanced ColdFusion MX (Dec 2005)
- Figleaf Training – Washington, DC
The Kroger Corporation
- Taking Care of Business Award (Oct 2009)
Dynamics Research Corporation
- Certificate of Excellence (Sept 2005)
- Key Contributor Award (Feb 2005)
- Certificate of Excellence (Aug 2004)
- Outstanding Achievement Award (July 2004)
- Interim Secret Security Clearance (Expired June 2006)
Volunteer & Service
- Rebuilding Together - volunteered renovating home in Washington, DC (Apr 2006)
- Culture camp director and counselor for Korean adoptees (1994 - 2002)
- Sunday school teacher (1991 - 1999)
- Summer Leadership School residential counselor (1992 - 1994)
- JV & Varsity volleyball coach (1995 - 1998)
- Freshman basketball coach (1995 - 1998)